13 April, 2010

Dessert...is delicious!

It's called Apple Pear Crisp Fake-Out. I cannot remember where I found this recipe, and I saved it, uncredited, to my computer. I have a hunch it was Pioneer Woman...bear with me if I criticize your favorite gal of all time. ;)

Here's how it breaks down:
You put canned pears with apple pie filling in a pan, just as if you were making crisp. I have a feeling you should go with your gut on what looks right. I just used a 20oz can of filling, and a 29oz can of pears.


Next, you top it with yummy crumbly topping and bake. (My sister, Stef, once used too-dry cookie dough as a topping for an experimental strawberry crisp dessert. I want to try something similar on a crisp. I went with the recipe on this one, though.)


Now the only thing left to do is properly smother it in vanilla ice cream and indulge!



It's really good! I'll give it 8.5 out of 10 stars. One star removed because you can definitely still taste the pears! It's no substitute for the real deal. Another half star removed because I made all the crumble for the original 9x13 pan recipe, and used less filling, and still used all the crumble (okay, so I ate some...) on the top. I would almost double the crumble for a full big pan.

If you want a change of pace, this is the dessert for you! And it may have less sugar than other crisps...but that is not a proven fact. Please don't quote me on that one.

It is easy, it is tasty. You won't regret trying it!

1 comment: