01 February, 2011

Chicken Alfredo Pizza

Make a pizza crust.Top with your white sauce.
Add chicken and diced tomatoes.
Top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake until browned and bubbly.
Eat, and enjoy!

Pizza Crust:
1 1/4 c. warm water (110-115 degrees)
1 T. or 1 packet of instant yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 T. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
3 1/2 c. flour
cornmeal
1. Put 1/4 c. warm water into mixing bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the top, add sugar, and mix. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Once yeast is activated, mix in remaining 1 c. water, olive oil, and salt. Gradually add flour until a soft dough forms. (I find the best doughs are the ones left just a bit sticky.)
3. Gently knead dough 10 times, then place in greased bowl to rise for an hour. (I have let it rise just 20 minutes. This does make a thicker crust, since it continues to rise in the oven.)
4. Sprinkle cornmeal onto pizza pan to prevent sticking. Spread dough onto pan, and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
**I have made several crusts and frozen them for up to a month, using when needed.

For our pizza tonight, we used this white sauce recipe (halving it for just one pizza), cut up cooked chicken, diced tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Bake the pizza at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes. This made a 16" round pizza. (Double dough recipe for large baking sheets.)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks SO delicious! We're having homemade pizza tonight too. =) Ours is flatbread basil pesto, and we also do a barbeque chicken one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, those pizzas sound so good! How do you make your barbeque chicken? I think our family would really enjoy that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumyum!! BTW did you get a new background on your blog?? LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malaika, yes I did finally get a background I might stick with for a while. I change it up quite often I think. I just love old books though, so right now I'm well suited. :)

    ReplyDelete