24 February, 2011

This week...

has been crazy. Ava started running a fever on Tuesday night, and by today was such a mess that we decided to visit Dr. Renze. Miss Ava has Influenza B, so while she does not feel better, at least we know why she is sick, and hopefully the medicines will help (especially for her to sleep), and we are trying to get a lot of fluid in her.
...............................................................

A fun highlight this week: I hit the 31 week tomorrow, and I actually took a picture of the baby bump! This is definitely second child syndrome kicking in-I had a picture every month with Ava, and this baby has had two whole photos intentionally taken of him/her so far. But I love every inch of this child, and I'm glad I don't need pictures to prove that. :)...........................................................................................
So, while our plans have shifted, and suddenly we remember why sleep is a gift and special privilege to parents, we are learning even more about patience and flexibility. One thing in particular is standing out to me right now: My hubby made a point of being extra sweet tonight, and that spoke volumes after a very tiring day. Wow. The way he ministered to me without second thought was special and sweet-and I saw the tremendous value in going out of one's way to do something ordinary in an extraordinary way. Thank you, darling, for being such a wonderful head of this home and showing such love. You are fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment