02 February, 2013

Life, Normal

Our "normal" days around here really aren't. 
Sometimes a child wakes up grumpy and sometimes Mommy wakes up grumpy.
I don't hold a mantra over Mondays, because sometimes Thursday is the roughest day of the week.

So, "Life, Normal" is really the thought that normal entails what the day brings.

Ava has new chores.
This one I actually had to get some photo proof of; she is so good at sorting all the clean silverware.
And she will ask to put away the silverware!
I am so glad. 
I want my children to realize that there is value and enjoyment in work.
 (Chores not pictured: picking up the living room every day, vacuuming under the kitchen table as needed. She also helps switch and sort laundry.)

This funny child keeps me on my toes!
Lucy is busy, and the one who thinks up all the naughty things to do.
She loves to pick out random clothing to wear; here is a recent favorite:

Lucy's creativity never ceases to surprise me.
A couple days ago she had put her rocking horse on the block container and was giving it a ride.

Lucy has learned "NO" very emphatically. (Like in the store, when she doesn't want to ride in the cart.)
Lucy has learned other new words, too.
Please.
Thank you.
Yes, Dad. Yes, Mom.
 One of the things we stress with our kiddos is that part of being a big girl is using good manners.
(Because really, who wants to be around rude children?)

This is what happens when I say, "Hey, girls, can you smile for a picture?" 
This was the best out of 5.
Silly girls.

I am 36 weeks pregnant, and feeling very ready to have baby!
Everything has been perfect so far, and I have found some exercises to help relieve back and hip pain.
Not much longer, and I'm so glad.
So many friends are having their babies; I really want to hold mine, too!

1 comment:

  1. L-O-V-E-D this post, Hannah! And your house is S-O cute!
    ~Kaylee~

    ReplyDelete