24 December, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas...

Gifts under the tree, ready to be dispersed.

Poinsettias, and our Willow Tree Nativity. The wooden figurine above is from Israel, more directly from Scott's sister Lori, of Jesus washing the disciples' feet. I love the "big picture": of Jesus' the baby, and of Jesus the man-serving his disciples in humility before performing the complete act of salvation. Perfect for what we are celebrating and rejoicing this season!


This quilt was a wedding gift, and is one of two made by Laila. I love it!

The Jesse Tree has been given a new personality this year. Our favorite has been the sideways rainbow. Having a 15-month-old to put up the symbols has been awesome!

May you and yours have a most blessed time to be together, to relax, and most importantly to rejoice in the birth of the Son of God, the One who came to redeem mankind and give them eternal salvation and hope.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Hannah! :) Your decorations are beautiful. I love the tag on the gift...so creative!
    Love in Christ,
    ~Annie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Annie! The tags were on sale at Hobby Lobby last year, and I loved them! I've doubly enjoyed wrapping gifts this year, since I'm just buying the pretty brown boxes and doing a simple ribbon and tag decoration. It's much simpler and easier than lots of wrapping paper, and I think it suits more of the simplicity of Christmas that I enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete