28 June, 2011

All in a Tuesday's Work

I got these side tables at garage sales last summer. They were kinda beat up, so I slapped some spare paint on them and stuck them in our living room.

Cute, but very vanilla against the also somewhat cream/yellow hued walls. I wanted to paint them white, so they would stand out against all the vanilla-like tints in the living room. The only catch, I didn't want to spend any money.
I was surprised and very thankful to find a little can of white paint in Ava's closet!
So, 3 coats later, these little tables were looking nice and fresh!

The smaller table is in rougher shape. So, some pretty paper and ModPodge, and the shelves got a facelift. I love it!

Then I remembered something else to ModPodge.
Love how these jars turned out, too!
(graphics found here)

Here's a sneek peak at our weekend-
Birthdays to celebrate:

and fun ways to celebrate July 4th:

I hope you are looking forward to Monday-celebrating the freedom we have as a country, honoring our Founding Fathers, and letting Old Glory wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment