03 October, 2011

Ava, 2 Years Old

Our sweet Ava turned 2 years old!

She is the one who made me a mommy.
I remember how hard it was to get used to sleepless nights.
How odd yet wonderful it was to become a mom.
I couldn't believe the instant, fierce love I had for someone so tiny.

Then she turned 1, and I thought my heart would break because it went so fast.

And now she is 2.
My heart will probably break with each new birthday, because birthdays are bittersweet. Another step from baby, from childhood, from innocence;
another year of learning, maturity, growth, love, inexpressible joy, and delight.

I love her fiercely, dearly, no matter what.
...................................

So, Ava's birthday celebrations. What fun! We started 4 days early with a party, complete with a Thomas balloon. Her first birthday was all pink, but this one came with lots of color and variety, which suits Miss Ava perfectly!

Great-Grandparents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and a Little Sister all came to the party.
Ava is very delicate when it comes to wrapping paper. Her fingers gave the daintiest little pulls!
She even got big-girl panties! Her sits on the potty chair are more and more frequent, so I'm hoping it clicks soon!

A pink parasol that gets carried around all the time!

And CAKE!

It was so cute the little puff she gave to that candle. But it went out! I was so proud of her. :)

No hesitation. The cake, frosting side up, went IN her mouth!




At the end of the day she was all tuckered out. Grandpas are perfect for those tired cuddles.

On her actual birthday we took her shopping, then she wanted pizza for supper, so Pizza Ranch it was. She ate ice cream for dessert and was hyper for a LONG time after that.
It was fun to sing "Happy Birthday" to her all day long on her actual day. She thought it was the funniest song!
We are so blessed by our silly girl!
We love that she learns, adapts, creates, imagines, describes, counts, dances, and laughs.
Above and beyond all, our hearts' desire is that she love Jesus, with all her heart, soul, mind and strength!

1 comment:

  1. so sweet! my heart breaks, too.... especially since my oldest is only one month from becoming a teen. time flies for us moms so we must embrace, enjoy and love our children fully..... while we still can!

    ReplyDelete