20 October, 2011

Shoes, Pink, Blue, and Food


She was wearing shoes here. It took close to 10 minutes to find all the outerwear, and put it on. She wanted to come in after 2 minutes outside. I hear parents everywhere empathetically nodding and smiling.
She likes to put shoes on, too. Or try, anyway.


....................................................................................................

There's some very cute babies that hang out here during the week.
I love the pink Lucy and the blue Riley. Aren't they adorable?
Every photo shoot should have an efficient props coordinator.
Does "widdow man" feel left out?



........................................................................

I made these sweet potato fries and chips.

Most had salt and pepper, and one batch was made with brown sugar and cinnamon. (Those are my favorite. Sometimes my sweet tooth is irrational.)

And supper tonight: Salmon patties and acorn squash.
This picture demonstrates a few things:
1. Disproportionate patties result when I make one and then scrape out the leftovers and put together a tiny last pattie.
2. These look much more delicious when cooked.
3. I use olive oil and butter to fry them thanks to Pioneer Woman. SO delicious.


The squash was yummy tonight! I cut in in half, scooped out the seeds and discarded them, then turned the two halves upside down in a baking dish with a little water. I think it was 400 degrees for 1 hour. Then I righted them, scored the sides and put in a little butter and brown sugar and left them in the oven until the patties were done. To serve I mixed the cooked squash in a bowl before dishing it out.

Food is so fun to cook and eat, and I don't mind the clean-up either!

No comments:

Post a Comment