05 January, 2012

Not so Pleasant.

Well, today has been exhausting!

Lucy threw up before bedtime, during bedtime, and sometime in the night.

1:30 a.m. brought about Ava crying and throwing up.

It continued until 5:30 a.m.

It was gross, exhausting, yet exhilarating. Yay for teamwork! Scott and I tag-teamed. He slept on the couch with a sick baby while I cleaned up and held Miss Ava's head over a bowl every 20 minutes or so. Scott did loads of laundry so we could replace dirtied sheets. I washed the toddler's hair 3 times to get the gross puke out. Somehow we made it to morning.

The sickness isn't gone yet, but we'll get there.

Life is lived based on your perspective. (I love saying that word. It's kinda fun.)
My perspective, as a follower of Jesus Christ, must always be based on Him. I can be thankful for all things!

So this morning (because sometimes, in the moment, I forget to be as thankful as I could) I am thankful...
for little girls who want the strength of mommy and daddy to help them
for a strong man who didn't flinch in the face of vomit (not easy, folks!)
for the 2-hour nap I took while Lucy slept and Ava hung out with daddy
for coffee and the fact that I'm not sick.
for awesome cheesy-yet-super-fun old kids videos on YouTube (Brentwood Kids, anyone? I watched VHS!)
for extra cuddles
for sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment