08 February, 2010

In Christ Alone

Introspective: : a reflective looking inward : an examination of one's own thoughts and feelings. That seems to sum up my days lately.

I wish I could claim perfection. Alas, I am human. I am a sinner; I err. God is perfection; He is holy, He is righteous. I am sin, I am unclean, and yet He has ransomed me.

The more I try to comprehend the magnitude of God, of the sacrifice of Jesus' death, the more I am moved to tears. I simply cannot understand God. And yet I love Him. I am devoted to Him.

I stand by grace alone. In myself, I see the imperfections. The striving to a goal I could never hope to attain, because I will never find perfection in human purpose. God looks at the heart; I believe He sees through the pride, the lies, the conceit, the vanity, the self-incrimination, the criticism, the burning hate of sin, and He loves me. It is too much for me to understand. But this I know:

Because of Jesus Christ, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit,
I have love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
I have assurance of my destiny.
I have unlimited access to my Father God.
I have Jesus as my Intercessor, and the Holy Spirit as my Guide.
I have the ability to forgive, and be forgiven.
I have a quiet rest for my soul that can never be removed.
I have LOVE.

How often I am selfish. I see how I am not good enough, how I always fall short. I see the blemishes, the extra pounds, the lack of discipline, the minute failures. God looks at all those things, and speaks to my heart. I receive blessing and acceptance, and the knowledge that God makes up the distance I fail. He has created me, and in His image I am beautiful. He gives me self-control, and the ability to make wise choices. He gives forgiveness for any multitude of sins I commit.

I stand on grace alone.

Beloved of God, remember these things for yourself. He is your Creator, Redeemer, Healer and Father. He will never leave you, and will never forsake you.

Come, stand on grace alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment